Friday, May 6, 2011

Special saint for today is..

                                               Saint Apollonia of Alexandria
 
 

I have a toothache and well St. Tylenol is just not working too well .

This is a amazing saint , listen to her story :

She was a consecrated virgin , a pagan mob after a prophecy from one of their priests seizes her and decides to remove  her teeth  with pincers,( as a side note she is the patron saint for Dentist )  after that she was given the choice of renouncing Christ or being burned alive;


now pause and ponder what would you do ?

Your a young lady who just has had her teeth removed violently for no reason except your a Christian


Me ,in all honesty would sadly give deep thought about renouncing Christ and living whatever type of life I could live after enduring such a harrowing ordeal ( Lord I believe , help my unbelief )


Her, well she ,



she lept onto the fire herself.

Oh me of little faith , Lord may I come to love and desire to show your great worth to that degree .


Here is her prayer for those suffering with tooth problems :

O Glorious Apollonia, patron saint of dentistry and refuge to all those suffering from diseases of the teeth, I consecrate myself to thee, beseeching thee to number me among thy clients. Assist me by your intercession with God in my daily work and intercede with Him to obtain for me a happy death. Pray that my heart like thine may be inflamed with the love of Jesus and Mary, through Christ our Lord. Amen. O My God, bring me safe through temptation and strengthen me as thou didst our own patron Apollonia, through Christ our Lord. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment